Easy Peasy Chicken Risotto and our meal plan for this week

Monday, 16 June 2014

Hey I am back, it has been a hectic but lovely few weeks as we have had George's birthday and last week I turned 37!! We have had a great time celebrating but its been very hectic and I have been slightly out of routine with cooking as there has been a far bit of eating out and John has had a few work dinners, hence a few pounds have been gained oh dear!! So this week I am planning a more healthy eating plan for us, with no cake involved!!  So here we go this is what we will be having this week!

Monday - Quorn bean chilli with rice

Tuesday - Grilled Salmon with noodles and stir fry vegetables
(kids can have fish finger sandwiches as they won't eat stir fry veg!)

Wednesday - Omlette with homemade chips (slimming world)

Thursday - Grilled chicken with new potatoes and salad

Friday - Pasta and meatball bake

Saturday - Homemade pizzas

Sunday - Roast or BBQ

Some of these recipes are Slimming World and from the Slimming World Magazine but I have found another great seven week eating plan  here which I will look at doing for us next week, I do find if I have a few week of slimming worlds dinners it helps and I have got to get back into my gym routine!

As promised from a few weeks ago here is my easy peasy chicken risotto dish, I am a massive fan of one pot meals and this is healthy, my kids love it and it's done in no time!





Recipe

Two tablespoons olive oil
One red onion finely chopped
Two garlic cloves finely chopped or one teaspoon of Lazy Girl Garlic
300g risotto rice
Four chicken breasts chopped
Two teaspoons of fresh rosemary
One litre of hot chicken stock

Optional you can add a little smoked pancetta and parmesan - serve with rocket, cherry tomatoes and balsamic salad.

Preheat the oven to gas mark 7, 220°C

Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole dish and sauté the red onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the rice, chicken, rosemary, stock and seasoning and cook in the preheated oven for thirty minutes, or until the rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.

For adults - I can recommend a glass of cold sauvignon goes well and enjoy!!

Sorry I haven't got a photo of this finished dish, I am rubbish at trying to take photos while I cook for the family and yes you got it I was half way through eating, I remembered! Its a good job this blog is a hobby for me at the moment, as I do need to improve in some areas!!

Do let me know if you try this recipe or if you have any easy, healthy recipes! Thanks for stopping by and reading and for your comments they do make me happy :)

Have a great week.
Bye for now
Cathy xo


3 comments:

  1. It all sounds lovely. I'd never thought to do a risotto in the oven, I'll give it a go next time I make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds delicious! Fingers crossed for a BBQ :-) have a great week x #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fab recipe!
    Everything else sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...